So this is where the design ended up. (Not as easy as it looks this abstract stuff)
You wanna’ see how I got here?…
My initial designs were a little ‘tight’. Too curvy.
So I scrawled some words… edgy ….free….spiky… loose…. And with the help of some good tunes I loosened up and ended up with curves I was happy with.
Projecting the lines to get the top light was fun… a wee scale drawing exploding upwards and onwards and I found my star (you spot it in those intersecting lines?)
So, now to add colour…… Tracey and John knew what they liked..
We had spent an overwhelming day in the Summer at Pearsons Glass in Liverpool. And came home with a psychedelic rainbow!
My ‘glass easel’ came in handy once again for colour checks. (Few head banging moments I tell you). And many bits cut and re-cut to get the arrangement and colour combination just so.
Oh dear. Not liking that milky heavy cream streaky. Without the light it looked fine. But with the light. Oh No. We can’t have that… back to the cutting block…. rearrange the grounded bits.. add more of the orange..
Now we are getting somewhere….
Happy. Construction can begin…..
And then the fitting….. great being an apprentice with John and handing him chisel…putty….scalpel…coffee!!
And here it is finished.